Live a happier life

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

When these words figure in the About section of this blog, the blog can't be anything but interesting.

Zen Habits is a blog which strives to make its readers happier, inculcate good habits, share tips about leading a simple, yet fruitful life and in general, improve their quality of life. These might seem to be harder to achieve goals, but the author with his simple-to-read and easy-to-follow posts makes it look like a cake walk.

I had been trying to wake up early everyday. As a godsend, I found a link to this article on lifehacker. The post is so powerful that it tempts you to wake up early and catch the sunrise. I am going to follow the tips given in this post and see if I can make waking up early a habit.

Another gem I found is the article on developing compassion for others. I just love this quote from His Holiness Dalai Lama:

"Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can." - Dalai Lama

0 comments: