Baavara Man Dekhne Chala Ek Sapna

Of all the numerous nasal songs and their even more nasal remixes coming out these days, there are very few songs that you want to go back and listen to. Evergreen songs so to say. One of these rare songs is one gem - Baavara Man Dekhne Chala Ek Sapna.

The first time I heard this song, I listened to it back to back for the whole day. I couldn't have enough of it. Thanks to my friend for introducing me to this song, otherwise my song collection would have had a big loss. It is from a movie Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, which I know nothing about.

The heavy classical touch, the hypnotizing voice, unique lyrics, beautiful orchestration - this song is as perfect as any song can be. The singer is in the right mood - he sounds aloof, yet passionate. The chorus adds a different charm to the song. The sitar (or sarod?), the peppering of violin, which sounds off-key at times and thus making the song even more beautiful. The best part of the song is arguably the lyrics. The deliberate repetition of the word 'Bavara' adds effect to the song.

Why waste time raving about it when one can actually relish it? You can listen to this song online on Music India Online. Music is by Shantanu Moitra. Lyricist and singer: Swanand Kirkire.

0 comments: